July 10, 2008

REDRUM

I must confess, I did something semi-evil a couple weeks ago... There's a vacant lot across the street from my house that we would rather not have anyone buy and build on. Besides actually buying the property myself, I have considered many ploys to keep people away such as; posting "Beware of Coyotes" or "Danger Flood plains" signs. Even constructing a fake Pet Cematary has crossed my mind -- complete with clawed and bloody crosses as well as one big empty hole with an open cat casket. Etc... etc...

Recently, some potential buyers were sniffing around, and I felt I needed to act fast. I quickly gathered up my young daughter and hid her behind the curtains next to the open window and told her to scream in her loudest most sinister voice: "REDRUM REDRUM REDRUM". I think that got their attention too. They haven't been back. True story.

This all came to mind this morning when I came across this very cool spot for Channel 4 in the UK...

Ever wonder what would it have been like behind the scenes on the set of "The Shining"? Here's an interesting perspective...



(Love that movie) It was all done to help promote "Stanley Kubrik Season" on the network where they will be they showing 10 of his best films beginning July 25th (Kubrik's birthday). The entire set complete with look-a-likes of cast and crew members (including Shelley Duvall) were all painstakingly recreated.

What a great job!