Food Truck legend Roy Choi's Midnight Hack combines his Midas touch with golden Oreo cookies to whip up some late night chicken tenders.
Oreo Midnight Hack
2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1⁄4 inch thickness; about 1.5 lb.)
1 Cup (15 cookies) Golden Oreo cookies, wafers only
1 Cup all-purpose flour
2 Eggs, lightly beaten, with 1 tbsp of water added
1 Cup panko breadcrumbs
1 Cup chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
Kosher salt, fresh ground pepper
Vegetable oil for frying (about 2 Cups)
1. Pulse cookies (wafer only) until fine
2. Mix cookie crumbs, panko and parsley in plastic bag. Season with salt and pepper
3. Coat chicken cutlets in flour and dip in beaten eggs
4. Add cutlets to cookie/breadcrumb mix and coat well
5. Heat oil in frying pan and fry breaded cutlets until cooked through (about 4 minutes per side).
All you need is a corner store, @Oreo cookies, & a half-baked idea to make a mind-blowing dessert. Learn from all-around hack master Starry Kitchen's Impulse Hack.
Oreo Impulse Hack
5 Oreo Cookies
1 Snack-sized bag (1.75 oz.) of peanuts
1 Snack-sized (2.75 oz.) slice of pound cake
½ Cup diet cherry soda
1. Soften 5 Oreo cookies in soda for 30 seconds to 1 minute
2. Remove cookies and add to bowl (12 oz.). Save soda for later
3. Crush peanuts and tear pound cake. Add to bowl with cookies and mix together. Add more soda to mixture if needed.
4. Flip mixture onto plate and enjoy.
Tip: Line bowl with plastic wrap for easy release.
Keep your bag of chips clipped because food innovator Michael Voltaggio's Fanatic Hack re-writes the playbook on how to serve a winning game time snack.
Oreo Fanatic Hack
36 Oreo cookies
1 Cup all-purpose flour
½ Cup water
¼ Cup powdered sugar
Prep: Heat oven to 325 degrees
1. Blend cookies, flour and water in food processor until ball of dough is formed
2. Divide ball of dough into two pieces. Roll each ball until paper-thin between two sheets of parchment paper
3. Place on cookie sheets, remove top piece of parchment paper and score dough using pizza cutter. Bake in oven for approx. 10-15 minutes.
4. Remove, and break apart. Garnish with powdered sugar.
Makes 40 oz. total. 4 servings, 8 oz. each.
9 Oreo cookies
1 Cup water
1 Cup sugar
2 Cans or bottles of light beer (24 oz.)
1. Place 5 Lemon Oreo cookies in a pot with sugar and water. Cook until the sugar is dissolved and cookies are tender
2. Blend the Lemon Oreo mixture/syrup until smooth
3. Strain Lemon Oreo syrup through a sieve or fine mesh strainer
4. Fill 4 glasses halfway with Lemon Oreo syrup over ice and top with beer.
Garnish each glass with remaining Oreo cookies.
VIA Oreo Tumblr