September 03, 2009

"The most powerful PSA I've ever made"

Normally I'm not a big fan of over-the-top "graphic" PSA ads designed to shock or disturb you into paying attention. Most of the time, they're just gross. I know they can often be effective, but I'm just not a fan.

So when I started watching this one, I was ready to pass it off as another one of "those" type of ads. Yes, it is very graphic. But it's not really focusing on that. It's more about what happens after, and that's what blew me away.



Donny Deutch called it "the most powerful PSA ever made". I think he could be right. This spot moved me. So much so, that I may never even answer my phone again while driving. I can't stop thinking about it... which means, they did their job.

(There's also a great write up and behind the scenes look at BoardsMag.com)