March 30, 2009

Looking into the Past

Here's a cool idea by photographer Jason Powell who finds interesting old photos from the U.S. Library of Congress, then seeks out the original locations to shoot these great overlays.







Via Flickr

I'm always fascinated by historical photos. Especially of places I recognize. I love seeing how things have changed, but moreso, I like seeing the buildings and landmarks that have stood the test of time. The Times&Transcript used to do this a few years ago, where they would find an old shot of Moncton, then have one of their photographers go to that location to shoot from the same vantage point. They would then publish the pics side-by-side in the Saturday paper. I loved pouring over those pics. Sadly, I think they simply ran out of good pics to do that with.