March 13, 2008

Sanitized Tape Worms and Smoking Doctors

Oh, the power of advertising. My friend Chris sent me these from which I had a pretty good laugh. There are so many examples of stuff like this from the past. I especially like: "Let's face it, you could get hit by a bus tomorrow" Now those are words to live by!

Click on any of them to view larger.

"Easy to swallow"



The 'T-Zone'... Priceless. It writes itself!


Now that's modern science.


Not touching this one.


That's right... women just could not be trusted back in the 20's! What would have society become had Prophylaxis not been there warn and protect us? I don't want to know.


Am I the only one that didn't know our present day air fresheners and kitchen cleaning products had these roots? Thank goodness she broke through that giant web before he read about her being "Everyone's pal".


Are they happy because they eat lard, or because they're at the beach? Maybe it's really because they eat lard at the beach. Yep, that's gotta be it. Put these people in any other situation and the ad just does not work.


Words to live by!