June 05, 2006

Thank you Ho!

One of my best bud's in the whole world Chris Hobrecker (or "Ho"... as he's affectionately known as) is the Group Creative Director at Muscle & Fitness and Flex magazines in L.A. He's always travelling the country to do these cool photo shoots with top athlectic celebrities and always has great stories..

(Chris with Vince McMahon & HHH at WWE HQ in Connecticut)

That's all fine and good and I always enjoy hearing about it all. Then one day Chris calls me up and says he's heading to Chicago to do a shoot at Soldier Field with Brian Urlacher who just so happens to be one of the best middle linebackers in the NFL playing for my favourite team the Chicago Bears. (Ok, Chris now you're starting to tick me off!)

Then a few weeks later I get a call... "Hey Rich, guess where I am? ...in the back of a limo heading back to my hotel from Urlacher's house. We wrapped the shoot and he invited us all over for some beers!"

Now, I'm REALLY mad! Chris is really trying to hurt me. This ain't right. ARRRRRGH!
(Brian and Chris at the Bears practice facility)

Well, anyway... a few more weeks has passed and I have calmed down. Then, today I get a package. It's from Chris! I tear into it and lo and behold...

...an authentic NFL Bears jersey - autographed by Urlacher! OH MY GAWD!


Chris... You're the best! I love you man! Thank you my friend!

And all was right with the world again.

The End.

(P.S. Check out the upcoming September issue of M&F for the whole Urlacher feature - including him on the cover - SAWEEET!)