May 17, 2006

Scary McDonald's Ad

Although this ad from India may be much more creative than most McD's advertising we see in North America, it still scares the heck outa me.

I know the creative announcing the new store opening is suggesting the store is in it's infancy, but to me, it also says "in between breast feedings, why not bring your baby over for some Chicken McNuggets and a small fry? Toddler toys available by request."

We all know McD's strategy has always been to get them in early and they'll stay loyal (worked on me), but it was never talked about out loud. This could be the most blantant tipping of the hand that the big M has ever put forth.

Are we really spawning little baby Ronalds that enter the world with one mission: to consume as many Happy Meals as possible? I sure hope not.

All I want to know is, who is the mother?