May 23, 2006

Lord Stanley's Mug

Gordie Howe, Rocket Richard, Bobby Orr, Phil Esposito, Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, Ray Bourque, and now Rich (& Zach) Gould. Yup, that's right... they've all layed hands on the most famous trophy in all of professional sports... the Stanley Cup!

Touching the Grey Cup was cool (although apparently highly frowned upon based on me being hauled me away from it by overzealous security dudes when I did), but nothing can compare to laying my meathooks on Lord Stanley's Mug. There is definite vibe you get when you go near it.
It's incredible.


From the Czech Republic, Sweden, Russia, Finland, Japan, to Switzerland, the Bahamas, England, and even... Moncton. Where to next? Back to Edmonton? Lets' hope. But wherever it goes after this, all I know is - in a few weeks, when that bad boy is being hoisted over the heads of the best hockey players in the world, I'll be remembering the moment I, as well, touched hockey's most coveted silver prize.

On the topic of hockey and touching... reminds me of this great commercial: